Follow these simple steps to create and activate your Facebook Audience ad placements:
- Create a developer account on Facebook https://developers.facebook.com/docs/apps/register
Press "Create Developer Account" and accept the terms.
- Create the company on Facebook. https://developers.facebook.com/settings/company/info/ Fill in all the required information.
- Add your application https://developers.facebook.com/apps/
- Add the Audience Network in Product settings:
- Go to https://developers.facebook.com and click on your app.
- In the left column, click Audience Network > Ad Spaces.
- It is very important that you have an Ad Space for each ad type with 3 placements each. Click Create Ad Space to create an Ad Space. Choose and create 1 ad space for each ad type in your app.
- Give your Ad Space an easily identifiable name, such as 'Notifications' for ad placements that are shown on the notifications screen, or 'Launch' for ads that are shown when your app launches.
- Choose your platform from the drop-down menu.
- Add a video and description of when and where your ads will be triggered. It's best to be as detailed as possible, as this information will be used to find and review the ad experiences in your app. Even though the video is optional, it is recommended to add one to help the review team approve your app faster. Click Save.
- Add new ad placements to your Ad Spaces by clicking Create Placement.
- Create 3 placements in the ad space with the following settings for each ad type: Optimize for CPM(1); Balance CPM and Fill (2) and Optimize for Fill(3)
- Follow this link https://www.appodeal.com/profile/linked-accounts and press ”Add Facebook Placements”
- Set up Facebook ID, Facebook Secret ID, Display Format, Placements keys
- You also need to upload Tax Forms required by Facebook in Audience Network - Payout - Account Information in App settings
- To activate the ad placements make sure that you've completed all these steps:
- Have an admin listed on your dashboard and send an ad request. You can add users here: https://developers.facebook.com/apps/1917653471802346/roles/
- Make sure the Facebook app is downloaded on the device and that the admin is logged in
- Have the admin generate and view a real ad. You may need assistance from Appodeal team for this, please contact your Appodeal account manager.
When FAN receives this ad request from admin, the placement status will reflect this:
Navigate to the Apps tab on your dashboard and press the "Send for review" button.
Once the Facebook team reviews and approves your app, the status of the placement will turn green
Congratulations, you are all set !
Full instructions on how to get enqueued for review can be found here: https://developers.facebook.com/docs/audience-network/getting-started#onboarding