Appodeal mediation now supports an app-ads.txt file and publishers can use it to the benefit of their apps.
What is app-ads.txt?
app-ads.txt is a text file which provides a mechanism for publishers to declare their authorized digital sellers. Created by IAB, it is an extension of the original ads.txt standard that was used for the same purpose in web advertising. It helps ad networks and DSPs easily verify whether an ad network or exchange they are buying your traffic from is actually allowed to sell it.
Employing app-ads.txt gives publishers access to more traffic, especially to big brands that expect higher levels of security and usually won't buy from apps that don't have the file.
To learn more about app-ads.txt, please read the following:
IAB announcement: https://iabtechlab.com/blog/final-version-of-app-ads-txt-ready-for-adoption-to-fight-inventory-fraud-in-mobile-apps-and-ott/.
App-ads.txt specification: https://iabtechlab.com/ads-txt/.
How to enable app-ads.txt
Implementing app-ads.txt is extremely easy, just follow the steps below.
If you don't have app-ads.txt file yet:
- Add developer website URL to your Google Play and App Store apps.
- Download Appodeal's app-ads.txt from this page: https://www.appodeal.com/profile/app_ads_txt.
- Upload app-ads.txt file to the root path of your developer website (it should look like this: example.com/app-ads.txt).
If you already have app-ads.txt:
- Copy Appodeal's app-ads.txt from this page (https://www.appodeal.com/profile/app_ads_txt)
- Paste the content to your app-ads.txt.
NB Be sure to reach out to account managers of ad networks if you have connected your own account for their app-ads.txt entry.
If you have any questions, do not hesitate to reach out to our support team.